Join David Faber of Connecticut Outdoors and enjoy some good instruction and an enjoyable winter activity right here in Woodbury! Begin a new, healthy, active, lifetime leisure pursuit!
For the Walking Program topics covered will be: Types of shoe and boot traction devices.
- Introduction to Yak Trax, Katula, Ice Trakers brands of traction devices.
- Choosing the correct traction device for the conditions.
- How to fit and attach and some minor cautions of using them.
- The addition of walking poles.
- Getting out there with a group.
For the Introduction to Snowshoeing topics covered will be:
- Introduction to the different Brands and types of Snowshoes.
- Choosing to correct size and type for conditions
- The additions of Snowshoe poles.
- Places to Snow shoe
Age: 12 years to Adults
Time: 10:00 - 12:30 pm or 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Date: Saturday, February 9th, 2013
Location: Hollow Park, If there is no snow makeup date will be February 16 and 23.
Fee: $32 for residents, $42for non-residents per session
To Register go to www.woodburyparksandrec.org and sign up online!