Happy 4th of July, folks! We've got a great guide for all your cuisine needs. Let's talk desserts!
It's hot and no one wants to slave over an oven, right? That being said, I'm obsessed with cupcakes so I'd totally slave over the oven and will show you recipes, if you're obsessed too.
But first, let's talk ease.
So simple to do! All you need to do is cut ice cream sandwiches in half, stick a lollipop stick in them, then cover the edges with red, white and blue sprinkles.
Place them on wax paper and freeze them before serving. So easy, right?
- Strawberries, washed and dried
- White chocolate
- Blue sugar, edible glitter or sprinkles
Put the blue sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50 percent power for two minutes.
Stir until the bowl is no longer warm. Then microwave for 30 second intervals at 50 percent power, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted.
Dip the lower two thirds of the strawberries in the melted white chocolate. Then dip the lower third of the strawberries in the blue sugar or spoon it onto the strawberry.
Place the strawberries on wax paper until they are completely cool.
4th of July Cupcakes
Alright, I'm no Martha Stewart but I do know how to bake cupcakes. From a box. But that's good, right?
So I'll spare you the arduous 'this is how you make cupcakes' chatter and link to my favorite 4th of July cupcakes recipes.
- Make an American flag with cupcakes —Why I love this recipe: I don't have to pipe out fancy designs. Use blueberries, raspberries and coconut to get the red, white and blue.
- Watermelon cupcakes (Brace yourself, folks. I'm getting a little fancy with the summer-themed cupcakes.)
- Corn on the cobcake — Yeah, you read that right. I promise that if you click on that link, you will be impressed.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published on July 3, 2012.