Region 14 voters will weigh in for the third time on the proposed 2012-13 budget referendum. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, at the Bethlehem Town Hall in Bethlehem and the .
The most recent Region 14 budget presentation is attached to this article as a PDF.
Proposed amount: $30,437,674
Increase Over 2011-12 Budget: $191,645 or 0.63 percent
Approved 2011-12 Budget: $30,246,029
The , at $30,817,765, reflected a $571,736 increase, or 1.89 percent, over the 2011-12 budget.
The , at $31,205,513, featured a 3.17-percent increase or $959,484 over the 2011-12 budget of $30,246,029.
Click here to read the topic page on the Region 14 process for 2012-13.
Reductions Since Second Budget Vote
- 0.5 full-time equivalent of a science teacher (will be funded by vo-ag grant) $35,399
- : $153,658
- Miscellaneous reductions: $60,000
- 0.5 full-time equivalent of a pre-K teacher: $20,000
- 0.6 full-time equivalent of new music staff position: $37,687
- One bus: $42,535
- 1.0 full-time equivalent of a new staff psychologist: $30,812
What do you like or dislike about the third proposed budget?
How will you be voting?
Will you be voting differently than you have in prior referendums?
Take our poll and tell us more in the comments section.