Albeit still unofficial and subject to change, Middlebury Town Clerk Edie Salisbury provided Middlebury's 2012 election results.
Voter turnout was approximately 80 percent. Of the 5,368 people on the official voter checklist, 4,299 people voted, according to the head moderator's return.
- Mitt Romney: 2,666 votes
- Barack Obama: 1,586 votes
- Rocky Anderson: 9 votes
- Gary Johnson: 27 votes
Middlebury voters did not follow the rest of the state and country, as Barack Obama was named the winner in the presidential election.
- Linda McMahon (R): 2,521 votes
- Linda McMahon (I): 96 votes
- Chris Murphy (D) - 1,430 votes
- Chris Murphy (WF): 85 votes
- Paul Passarelli (L): 22 votes
Middlebury voters supported Linda McMahon. She ultimately lost the election statewide to Chris Murphy.
- Andrew Roraback (R): 2,380 votes
- Andrew Roraback (I): 100 votes
- Elizabeth Esty (D): 1,414 votes
- Elizabeth Esty (WF): 101 votes
Across the Fifth District towns, voters supported Elizabeth Esty.
- Rob Kane (R): 1,684 votes
- James Gambardella (D): 804 votes
Overall, 32nd District voters supported Rob Kane, securing him the reelection.
State Senate, 15th District
- Joan V. Hartley (D): 732
- Blair Bertaccini (WF): 78
- Andrew "Andy" Larsen (I): 209
Middlebury: State Representative
- Anthony J. D'Amelio (R): 2,571
- Ernest Brunelli (D): 1,258
- Ernest Brunelli (I): 128
D'Amelio won the state representative race.