The homeowner of 456 Flanders Rd. suffered minor injuries today — Monday, May 28 — after a fire broke out in the home around 2:35 p.m.
The homeowner was transported to St. Mary's Hospital, according to Woodbury Police Officer Dana Lent.
"Right now, it's being reported as a gas grill fire but the investigation is just beginning," Fire Chief Janet Morgan told Patch on the scene. "It was a great stop. We kept it to just an attic area and a small room upstairs."
The gas grill was on the deck off the back of the house, she said.
Interested in Middlebury and Woodbury's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Woodbury-Middlebury Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Four engines from the and one engine from the Bethlehem Fire Department answered the call, said Morgan. Two other calls came in around the same time but were false alarms, she said.