A Whittemore Road resident encountered two men at his house around 10:10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 14, and called after the men said they were trying to buy something from Craig's List.
One of the men was near the front door and the second man was near the back door of the home, Middlebury Police Lt. Richard Wildman stated in a press release.
The homeowner was wary of this and contacted Middlebury police.
"Officer [Ron] Pruchnicki responded along with Officer [Al] Cronin," Wildman stated. "Within minutes it was determined through the officers' investigation that the subjects were attempting to gain access to the home. No entry was ever made."
The two men who allegedly attempted to break into the home are:
- Matthew Fahy, 19, of 11 May St., Naugatuck
- John Torres, 20, of 1020 West Main St., Waterbury
Fahy and Torres were charged with the following:
- Criminal attempt of burglary in the third degree
- Criminal attempt of larceny in the sixth degree
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Both were released on bond with a Wednesday, Sept. 19, court date in Waterbury Superior Court.