Are you looking for something fun and exciting to do with your loved one this Valentine's Day? Treat your heart to some romance....and a heart pumping workout by choosing a high energy and active date!
Pick one of the following ideas, or come up with your own game plan for spending some quality time with your loved one while getting in a good dose of heart-healthy, mood-boosting exercise.
- Lace up those skates and go to the ice rink for some good old fashioned skating
- Go to a group exercise class together: Spin, Pilates, Bootcamp, Yoga...whatever works for you!
- Shake a tailfeather with an evening out dancing. Or take some lessons if you can't find the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers in you
- Bundle up and go for a long wintry hike
- Enjoy this winter scenery and go cross country skiing
But don't stop there! Keep a great thing going by continuing to work out with your loved one. By working out on a regular basis, you'll enjoy all of the benefits of being active, from keeping a strong and healthy heart, to building your strength and endurance, to maintaining a healthy weight.
And on top of all that, working out with your loved one will help keep you motivated when you need that little nudge getting up to run or work out on days when you're tired, and you'll serve as a support system when your partner needs some encouragement as well. You'll have someone by your side pushing you through tough workouts, and better yet, you'll have someone to celebrate with when you reach your fitness milestones.
Now that's a Valentine's Day gift that will last for years to come.