I have a rather large family and personally, Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday. I mean, how could it not be with all of the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, pies, cookies, cakes – I could go on and on! Of course, the holiday also means more hustle and bustle around your home. This Thanksgiving, keep your family members and your home safe by abiding by some of these tips!
- Keep potholders and wrappings away from your stove top.
- Watch your clothing and jewelry while cooking – roll your sleeves up and remove long necklaces or dangly bracelets.
- Keep track of food in the oven with timers.
- Be sure to turn the oven off when you’re done cooking.
- Turn your pot handles inward to avoid potential accidents.
- Do not burn candles in an unattended room.
Between having friends and family at your house, and going to friends’ and family’s homes, it may be a good idea to look into a little extra protection. A Connecticut Umbrella Insurance policy covers liability beyond your current insurance policies. Many what-if’s become “OMG”s around the holidays. Umbrella insurance policies come at a low cost, and can help you breathe a little easier should a situation occur. Talk with your Connecticut insurance agent to see if you could benefit from the extra protection.