The day is slated to be sunny with a high near 57 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. At night, the temperature will drop to around 38 to 40 degrees, with a slight chance of rain after 2 a.m.
What had people talking?
Three articles generated a ton of conversation and votes in a poll yesterday.
- Voters weighed in on falls on. Have you voted in the poll yet? Sixty-four percent of the 91 people who voted as of 2 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, were in favor of October 31 for Halloween.
- DWI, DUI and DWD -- is something Patch readers felt strongly about.
- : Readers chimed in with comments and commiserations.
- Economic and Industrial Development Commission, Shepardson Community Center, Room 27, 6:15 p.m.
- Region 15 Board of Education Candidates Forum, Pomperaug High School All Purpose Room, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Conservation Commission, Shepardson Community Center, Room 26, 7:30 p.m.
- Board of Selectmen Special Meeting, Shove Conference Room, 8:30 a.m.
- Region 14 Board of Education Bylaw/Policies/Ethics Committee, Nonnewaug High School Central Office Conference Room, 7 p.m.
- Woodbury Public Library Board of Trustees, Woodbury Public Library, 7 p.m.
Northern Lights Go South
The Northern Lights extended to the South, to areas that don't typically get graced with the presence of the lights. Would that they could have gone north after they hit Virginia and come to Connecticut.