Today is Thursday, May 31, the 152nd day of the year and World No Tobacco Day.
Events & Reminders
- All Day: Available at the
- 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the
- 5 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m. at
- Thursday in Middlebury: Sunny, with a high near 78. North wind between 7 and 13 mph.
- Thursday Night in Middlebury: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. North wind around 8 mph.
- Thursday in Woodbury: Sunny, with a high near 76. North wind between 6 and 13 mph.
- Thursday Night in Woodbury: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. North wind around 6 mph.
Today in History
1909: The National Negro Committee, forerunner to the NAACP, convenes for the first time.
1927: The last Ford Model T rolls off the assembly line after a production run of 15,007,003 vehicles.
1929: The first talking cartoon of Mickey Mouse, "The Karnival Kid," is released.
2005: Vanity Fair reveals that Mark Felt was Deep Throat, the White House informant that led to the breaking of the Watergate scandal.
2009: Anti-abortion activist Scott Roeder shoots and kills physician George Tiller during church services in Wichita, KS.
2010: In international waters, armed Shayetet 13 commandos, intending to force a flotilla to anchor at the Ashdod port, boarded ships trying to break the ongoing blockade of the Gaza Strip, resulting in nine civilian deaths when teams of IHH activists on the MV Mavi Marmara attacked them with knives and metal rods and abducted one of the soldiers.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.