What better way to celebrate icy cold January than with your favorite Arctic bird?
Penguin Awareness Day is on Jan. 20 — so bundle up your kids and take them to the Mystic Aquarium to learn more about penguins, a native bird from Antarctica. This is a great opportunity to get everyone out of the house and see penguins in action.
Penguin Awareness Day became a holiday in order to raise awareness to the fact that these flightless birds are on the endangered species list.
Other ways to celebrate this holiday include:
- Dressing like a penguin (those tuxedos are cute!)
- Donating to Non-Profit Organizations that Help Penguins.
- Adopting a penguin.
- Educating yourself about penguins and share what you learn with family and friends.
- Watching a penguin movie.
- Reading a book about penguins.
- Making a penguin-themed dessert, like black-and-white cookies, penguin cupcakes or a penguin cake.
- Eating like a penguin by ordering sashimi.
TELL US: How will you celebrate this fun holiday?