Few festivals pack as much fun into a single day as the . Here's a look at what to check out next Saturday, August 18th. Click on the links to learn about the attractions and events:
Magician Adam Parisi will be putting on shows at the Armory Square Stage at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Appearing at the Children's Stage at will be:
- Packard's Martial Arts
- New England Ballet School & Company
- Mr. Gym
- Al deCant
- Puppeteer/Ventriloquist Steve Taylor
In the parking lot behind and will be a number of attractions, including:
- Bungee Extreme
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers Slap Shot Machine
- Gargano Can-Am & ATV's
- National Guard Obstacle Course and Rock Wall
- A BMX Stunt Show from
- Zumba from Studio Z Fitness
Cold beer, sausage & peppers, lobster rolls, fried dough, turkey legs, burgers, hot dogs, fried seafood, corn dogs, steak & cheese and, of course, oysters will all be served at Fowler Field.
- 200 artists & crafters will be participating in a giant Arts & Crafts Show.
- Various non-profit, civic, and environmental exhibitors will be promoting their organizations and sharing information with the community.
- Main Street USA will feature small to medium size businesses introducing their products and services to you.
Classic Car & Motorcycle Show
Down at , a Classic Car & Motorcycle Show will be taking place from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Throughout the day on Friday and Saturday, 1 1/2 and 2 hour trips aboard SoundWaters will depart from the Milford Boat Ramp behind the . Cruise prices range from $25 to $45 per person.
There will be two Oyster Shucking Contests at 12:15 p.. and 1:15 p.m., with an Oyster Eating Contest at 2:00 p.m.
Fire & Police Departments
- will be conducting a K-9 demonstration at the stone bridge across from the Milford Library at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
- There will be a Fire Department Open House on New Haven Ave. across from the Milford Library, and the Firefighter Dunk Tank will be going on all day across from .
Canoe & Kayak Race
Taking place at the Milford Boat Ramp behind the Milford Library, the race begins 8:30 a.m, with registration starting at 7:30 a.m.
For more information and event times, check out the PDF document underneath the 'Photos' section of this article or visit http://www.milfordoysterfestival.com/