Saturday Update, 6:30 p.m.
The Bethlehem shut down temporarily. People were asked to sit in their cars or go to one of the buildings. Thanks to reader Tracey Hydeck Blackman for the update.
Saturday Update, 5:40 p.m.
Due to expected bad weather later this evening, BEGINNINGS, tonight's band, will be performing earlier than scheduled, starting at approximately 6 p.m.
Saturday Update, 1:13 p.m.
The Bethlehem Fair website reports the following update:
"The fried dough eating contest will be moved to Sunday at 4 p.m. in the Junior entertainment area.
There is a small band of showers coming through this area this morning, then a large clear area behind. Be sure to come to the fair this afternoon, for dinner and then stay for the entertainment this evening."
The Bethlehem Fair begins tonight: Friday, Sept. 7, and runs until Sunday, Sept. 9, on the Bethlehem Fairgrounds on Route 61 in Bethlehem.
- 5 to 10 p.m. Friday
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday
- 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday
- $8 for adults
- $6 for senior citizens on Saturday and Sunday
- Free for children younger than 12 when accompanied by an adult
Visa, Master Card and cash are accepted.
Interested in Middlebury and Woodbury's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Woodbury-Middlebury Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Schedule of Events
- 5 p.m. Gates and Exhibit Buildings Open
- 5 p.m. 1950s, 1960s & 1970s Cruise Night
- 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Bracelet Night: Pay $25 to ride all amusement rides until 10 p.m.
- 6 p.m. Pony Draw, Pulling Arena
- 7:30 p.m. Downhill Tangerine on the Main Stage
- 10 p.m. Exhibit Buildings Close
- 11 p.m. Fair Closes
- 8 a.m. Gates Open
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. All Exhibit Buildings Open
- 9 a.m. Junior Dairy Show, Cattle ring
- 10 a.m. Oxen Show And Draw - Drawing Arena
- 11 a.m. CHIME IN!, Hand Bell Bell Choir - Main Stage
- 11 a.m. Parade - Antique Tractors
- 11 a.m. Vintage Tractor Pull - Tractor Pull Arena
- Noon USA Martial Arts Demo Team - Main Stage
- Noon Lumberjack Competition - Wood Chopping Arena
- 1 p.m. CT Bristol Old Tyme Fiddlers - Main Stage
- 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Children's entertainer Tiger Tom Walsh - Singer and Storyteller - North Stage
- 4 p.m. Farmer's Night Out-South Ring - Open Competition For All, Register at 3:30 p.m.
- 5 p.m. The Groove-Rock - Main Stage
- 5 p.m. New England Fried Dough Eating Contest - North Stage (Sponsored By Brian's Fabulous Fried Dough)
- 6 p.m. Battle Of The Bands - North Stage
- 8:30 p.m. Beginnings- A Chicago Tribute Band - Main Stage
- 9 p.m. Buildings And Entrance Gates Close
- 11 p.m. Fair Closes
- 7:30 a.m. Gates Open
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. All Exhibit Buildings Open
- 9 a.m. Open Western Horse Show And Gymkhana - Main Show Ring
- 10 a.m. Hollerin' Contest - Main Stage. Open To All - No Pre-Entry Required
- 10:30 a.m. Stock Garden Tractor Pull - North Stage
- 10:30 a.m. Junior Beef Cattle Show - South End Near Mother Goose
- 11 a.m. Horse Pulling - Pulling Arena
- Noon - Pedal Tractor Pull - All Children Invited To Enter - North Stage Area
- Noon - Lumberjack Competition - Woodchopping Arena
- 12:30 p.m. Cody Wolf Band - Main Stage
- 2 p.m. Agri-Olympics - Open To All - Main Stage Area
- 3 p.m. Tiger Tom Walsh - Singer And Story Teller - North Stage
- 5:30 p.m Fair Closes
- Hot Dogs
- Sausage and Pork Sandwiches
- Steak Sandwiches
- Fresh Cut French Fries
- Onion Rings
- Clam Cakes
- Soft Ice Cream
- Funnel Cakes
- Fried Veggie Platters
- Breakfast Sandwiches
- Fried Dough
- Pizza and Calzones
- Buffalo Burgers
- Goat Burgers
- Cotton Candy
- Candy Apples
- Gourmet Coffee
- A Ferris Wheel more than 10 Stories high
- The Zipper
- The Scrambler
- The Round-Up
- The Pirate Ship
- A Kiddy Roller Coaster With Dragons
- A Berry-Go-Round