With world-wide focus on the H1N1 or Swine Flu virus, it’s a good time to discuss natural ways to prevent getting the flu.
Much of the world is experiencing economic stress, and stress is a key factor that affects your body’s ability to ward off disease.
A healthy immune system makes it easier to avoid all types of disease, including the flu.
Chiropractic care addresses the effects of stress on the central nervous system and helps to restore optimal immune system functioning.
Other all-natural ways to avoid the flu:
• While a healthy immune system is beneficial, keeping your hands clean by washing them with warm soapy water adds another layer of protection.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and to flush toxins from your body.
• Get some fresh air, even in the colder months. Home heating can be drying and it traps stale air.
• Get a good night’s sleep to recharge and refresh your body’s immune system and your brain!
• Exercise to relieve stress and boost the immune system. Aside from that, exercise has lots of cardiovascular benefits, and it helps you stay in shape.
• Drink black and green teas to raise levels of interferon, a chemical that fights colds and viruses.
• Eat that garlic! Garlic has a number of antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties that keep viruses at bay. Take two cloves daily with water and chew a sprig of parsley to keep breath fresh!
• Consider the advice of Dr. J. Anthony Morris, former Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the FDA, who stated, "There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine, thus far developed, is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza.” The vaccine also contains numerous toxins, including ethylene glycol (antifreeze), formaldehyde, aluminum (linked to Alzheimer’s disease and known to produce cancer in mice) and thimerosol (a form of mercury, the most toxic of all heavy metals).
While many people will get the flu this year, you don’t have to be one of them.
Dr. Levy has been practicing at the Woodbury Chiropractic Center since 1980. The Center is a full service Holistic Health Care Center providing Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Spinal Decompression and Therapeutic Massage. Visit http://www.woodburychiropracticcenter.com/ or http://www.woodburyphysicaltherapy.com/ for more information.