The is looking for a part-time library circulation assistant and technology services librarian, according to the Connecticut Library Consortium website.
Cover letters and resumes are due today: Wednesday, July 11. They may be sent to: Claudia Greenfield, Administrative Manager, Town of Middlebury, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Library Director.
Part-Time Library Circulation Assistant
The circulation assistant position is for 19 hours a week, including one evening, and does not include benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working at the circulation desk
- Checking books in and out
- Collecting fines
- Reader’s advisory
- Assisting with public computers.
Strong computer skills are required. Knowledge and experience with Evergreen Circulation software is helpful. Ability to work with the public is mandatory and a four year college degree is required. Public library experience is preferred.
Technology Services Librarian
Public library experience is recommended. Requirements: Four year college degree required, MLS preferred.
- Managing the library website
- Covering circulation desk functions
- Setting up audio/visual presentations
- Maintaining equipment
- Daily updating of website
- Setting up/operating audio/visual equipment (computers, projectors, microphones, movies, etc.)
- Marketing events online and offline
- Teaching technology classes to staff and public
- Providing exceptional help desk support for patrons and staff
- Updating and maintaining computers, iPads, Nooks, and Kindles
- Rebuilding computers and replacing/repairing peripherals as directed
- Implementing social networking and cloud based programs as it pertains to the library
- Other assignments as required.
Excellent computer skills are required and include experience with Word Press, Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), web browsers, web-based email, and photo editing software.
The successful applicant will be eager to learn, flexible, creative, a team player, and have proven interpersonal and teaching skills, along with problem solving abilities.
This position requires strong technology skills with the ability to organize, direct, and expand all library functions. The position includes working with the public at the circulation desk as part of the duties and sharing supervision of the cataloger duties with the adult services librarian.
The position includes evenings and Saturday hours.
The library is in the process of developing a teen program and this position would be part of the development team, as stated on the Connecticut Library Consortium website.
The Middlebury Public Library is a member of Bibliomation, a consortium using Evergreen Open Source as the ILS. Benefits are included. The position is available immediately.