Glad you clicked on our new Grab & Go Kids Planner!
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children.
1. Tuesday, February 15 at 6:30 p.m., Children's Room. According to the Silas Bronson website: “The Grumbling Gryphon’s Theater focuses on authentic melodies, masks, costumes, and language to present this popular tale. Children will participate by playing various parts” The program is free but you need to register. Call 203-574-8212 for details. (http://www.bronsonlibrary.org/)
2. Preschool Story time at the Woodbury Public Library Wednesday & Thursday’s at 10:30AM for tots ages 3-5. (www.woodburylibraryct.org)
3. Kids' Days at the Institute for Native American Studies
Saturday Feb. 19 1PM-2:30 p.m. It’s a woodland adventure following animal tracks! Outdoor family fun which ends with roasting marshmallows in there Algonkian Village. Reservations necessary call (860) 868-0518 The cost is: Adults $5 Children $6. Tuesday, February 22 12:30pm - 2:00pm: Ever wonder if Native American’s do rain dances? As the Institute for Native American Studies website says, “Come find out!” You’ll even have the opportunity to make your own dance stick. Kids will have the opportunity to participate in a dance. Call for reservations. This event has limited space. The cost is Adults $5 and Children $8. For more information visit their website www.birdstone.org
4. Sleeping bag cinema! The Lion King, Rated G will be shown at the Cheshire Public library on Tuesday Feb 22 from 6:30- 8:00 p.m. Bring your own snacks and your sleeping bag. You don’t need to register and all ages are welcome. (http://www.cheshirelib.org/kids/programs.html)
5. Edmond Town Hall Theatre is featuring Tron Legacy for the older kids at 45 Main Street, Newtown. For film info call 426-2475. As always, admission is $2! (http://www.newtown-ct.gov/public_documents/newtownct_webdocs/auditorium )
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something