Happy Crafty Tuesday, everyone! There's nothing sweeter than a child carefully writing their name on valentines and then proudly presenting them to their friends.
And when they come home, laden with valentines, they can proudly display them in a paper plate Valentine's Day card holder from the Free Kids Crafts website.
I've included the original instructions but offered an alternate suggestion that may be easier.
- Two 10" Paper or Plastic Plates
- 4' Ribbon
- Hole punch
- 12" Lace
- Cut one of the paper plates in half.
- Place the half of a paper plate on top of the whole paper plate and punch holes around the edge, at intervals of one inch. [Editor's Note: If you opt to use glue instead of the hole punch and ribbons, you don't need to do this step.]
- The paper plate cut in half will be the 'basket' of the valentine card holder. Don't attach it to the whole paper plate until you decorate the 'basket.'
- Glue lace across the top edge of the front plate [the basket] for decoration.
- Your children can then decorate the 'basket' with hearts, butterflies or whatever they like.
- To attach the 'basket' to the whole paper plate, either glue it to the whole paper plate or weave the ribbon in and out of the hole punches to secure the two paper plates together.
Happy Valentine's Day!