Happy Crafty Tuesday, folks! This springtime craft from the Parenting website is perfect for children ages three and older. You can even hang them from the ceiling using fishing line or yarn or make a paper plate mobile.
- Black pipe cleaners
- Paper coffee filters
- Watercolor paints
- Place the coffee filter on a plate or newspaper so the watercolor paints soak through.
- Paint the coffee filter with the watercolor paints.
- Set the painted coffee filters on paper towels to dry.
- Fold the pipe cleaners in half. Remember, you're using half a pipe cleaner to begin with.
- Fold the coffee filter like an accordion in about 1/2" pleats.
- Position the pleated coffee filter into the bent end of the pipe cleaner and center the filter at the bend.
- Twist the pipe cleaner around the filter. This secures the filter in place.
- Bend the tips of the pipe cleaners to create the antennae.
- Fan out the butterfly wings.
- If you want to hang the butterflies from the ceiling or anywhere, use yarn or fishing line.