Labor Day takes place on the first Monday in September each year and falls on Monday, Sept. 3, 2012.
Unofficially the last day of summer, the holiday, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country."
Here's the list of what is open and closed on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 3:
- Retail Stores
- TD Bank: ,
- Supermarket: closing early, either at 1 or 2 p.m.; closing at 4 p.m.; closing at 5 p.m.
- Convenience stores
- Gyms/Health Clubs
- Call ahead before heading to any of the above establishments to confirm they are open. Many retail stores or gyms/health clubs may be operating on a Sunday schedule or with limited hours.
- Banks (with the exception of TD Bank locations)
- No Mail Delivery - All U.S post offices are closed
- Stock Market
- Federal Offices
- State Offices
- Town Hall and municipal offices: ,
- Schools: , , , , Bethlehem Elementary School, , ,
- Libraries: and . Both libraries are also closed on Sunday.