Join us for Open House Day on Saturday, June 9th! More than 175 Connecticut destinations from across the state are offering Connecticut residents discounted or free admission, free gifts or special exhibits and activities!
Open House Day is a great opportunity to not only go back to your favorite CT spots, but to also discover new destinations you may have never had a chance to check out before.
See below for activities in Litchfield County and click here (http://bit.ly/IqQ86k) for the official Facebook invite!
Local Activities in Litchfield County
- Southwind Farms, Watertown – Free admission to one of Connecticut’s largest alpaca farms from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Karen Rossi Studios, Norfolk – Free kids craft projects including rock painting, stick sculpture, and art from nature. Open studio from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Sharon Audubon Center, Sharon – Free admission for the Center’s building from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Birdwalk at 8 a.m., registration recommended but not necessary. Trails open from dawn until dusk.
- Bellamy-Ferriday House and Garden, Bethlehem – Free admission from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Rock Hall Luxe Lodging, Colebrook – From 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., tour the Addison Mizzen historical 23-acre property that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Light refreshments will be served.
- Sunset Meadows Vineyards, Goshen – From 11 a.m. until 5 p.m., visitors receive a complimentary Sunset Meadow Vineyards’ tote bag with a four bottle purchase.
- Connecticut Antique Machinery Association Museum, Kent – Free admission from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Complimentary gift upon request.
- Litchfield Historical Society, Litchfield – Free admission from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. While visiting, make a craft and try your hand at making homemade ice cream.
- New Milford Historical Society, New Milford – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Norfolk Historical Museum, Norfolk – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. with complimentary refreshments.
- Greenwood Glass Blowing Studio/Gallery, Riverton – Open to the public and no experience necessary. Glass blowing activities for adults and children (5 yrs. and up). Blow your own paperweight or glass flower ($48); blow your own ornament ($32). Studio open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Sharon Historical Society, Sharon – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. A special artist-guided tour of the exhibit With My Back to the Future: Photography by Catherine Noren will be at 3 p.m., with a reception to follow.
- Seth Thomas-Bradstreet House, Thomaston – Free admission from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. with guide tours leaving every hour, last one at 2 p.m.
- Abrash Galleries, Woodbury – Offering 25 percent discount on all items storewide from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Artists’ Path Gallery, Litchfield – From 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., visitors will receive a complimentary 8x10 print by artist Lori Barker.
- Gunn Memorial Museum, Washington – From 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., visitors can take a complimentary tour of the exhibit: Art from the Earth: Early American Stoneware, featuring more than 140 pieces of uniquely decorated 18th and 19th century stoneware from throughout the Northeast.
- Miranda Vineyard, Goshen – From noon until 6 p.m. receive a complimentary Miranda Vineyard wine bag.
- Phoenix Rising Center, Thomaston – From noon until 6 p.m., this multi dimensional arts center will offer free demonstrations and refreshments.
- Pratt Nature Center, New Milford – From 10 a.m. until noon, visitors will get to meet the animals.
- Railroad Museum of New England, Thomaston – Receive a $1 discount off regular priced tickets on a scenic train ride. Plus, receive an 8-pack of RMNE postcards per family. Departs 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Squires Tavern, Barkhamsted – From 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., visitors receive complimentary refreshments and special program, “Photos of Pleasant Valley” slideshow at 1:30 p.m.
- Watertown Historical Society Museum, Watertown -- Free admission from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Exhibit by local artist with hand painted historical scenes of various places throughout the town.
- Ellsworth Hill Orchard & Berry Farm, Sharon -- Visitors will receive special discount on pick-your-own strawberries. Open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Harwinton Historical Society, Harwinton -- Free admission from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. Visit the Barn Museum displaying extensive collection of farm tools and the restored 1840 schoolhouse with original teacher’s desk, kerosene lamps, maps and other memorabilia. Demonstrations and light refreshments will be served.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport – Free admission for the first 100 visitors from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Maritime Aquarium, Norwalk – From 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., visitors will receive $2 off the Aquarium’s Adventure Pass; admission to the Aquarium and IMAX movie
- Mark Twain House and Museum , Hartford – Free family activities for Tom Sawyer Day and discount admission for Mark Twain House tours
- Lake Compounce Family Theme Park, Bristol - From 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. admission is reduced to $10 (plus tax). Park is open from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Chester/Hadlyme Ferry, Chester – From 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., visitors can ride for free aboard Selden III, the second oldest continuously operating ferry service in the state, which crosses the scenic Connecticut River near Gillette Castle State Park
- Connecticut River Expeditions, Haddam – RiverQuest will be offering a special reduced admission with the 60-minute Gillette Castle Viewing Cruise on the Connecticut River. Cruises depart at 10 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Reduced admission is $5 per person
- Tanger Outlet Center, Westbrook – Open House Day customers will receive a free $5 coupon book by showing a valid Connecticut ID. Stores open from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Henry Whitfield State Museum, Guilford – Free admission from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. “Puritans at Play,” all ages are invited to participate in games from the 17th century
- Quassy Amusement Park, Middlebury – One free all-day ride pass for the first 12 cars that request it through the Connecticut Open House Day. Park open from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. with special entertainment at the Carousel Theatre
- New England Ballet Company, Orange – Open classes for all ages including Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Zumba from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Along with studio performance of Peter and the Wolf and meet the company dancers
- Lebanon Historical Society Museum, Lebanon – From 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. enjoy demonstrations of traditional crafts, Model-T rides, farm animals, and hands-on activities
- Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme -- Free entry to museum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., plus special access to GardenFest activities, including “Blooms with a View” (15 stunning floral arrangements that interpret works of art) and “Pleasure Gardens: A Miniature Maharaja Place” (a miniature fantasy creation based on several maharaja palaces in India).